Friday, October 9, 2009

HALLOWEEN COSTUMES AND KIDS

What the hell is wrong with people. I was at the costume shop last night looking for a Halloween costume for my infant daughter and I see a few young girls starring at the wall covered with pictures of all the different costume ideas. I look at the board trying to find something cute for Olivia and I start seeing all of the pre-teen/teen girls costumes. No wonder why kids are having sex so young these days. Almost every costume was slutty. (Short skirts, low cut shirts or mid drift shirts, sexy nurse, sexy school girls, sexy everything) Teen age girls should have nothing with the work "sexy" attached to it. The should dress like kids instead of slutty girls hanging out a bars and street corners. They need to wait until college for that.
What ever happened to dressing up as your favorite action figure, monster or comic book character? I used to wear a big winter jacket undernear a cheap plasic cover all with a picture of incredible hulk on it and a hard plastic mask that made me sweat. I looked like crap but I still got candy. Halloween used to be all about candy not the costume. Costumes were just the means to the end.
Now that I have a daughter I notice all this stuff that amazes me. The stuff that I once thought was funny or cool now drives me crazy. Anything to do with children I am now very sensitive about. I can say this for sure that my daughter is not going to be allowed to wear anything like that. No make-up until sixteen and definitely nothing that is considered "sexy". There are too many perverts out there now a days.

No comments:

Post a Comment